XMPP4R is an XMPP/Jabber library for Ruby. Its goal is to provide a complete framework to develop Jabber-related applications or scripts in Ruby.
- Fully object-oriented
- Aims at being XMPP compliant
- Threaded, events-based
- Well unit-tested and documented code
- Uses well-known and well-tested software like REXML, instead of reinventing the wheel
- Very easy to extend
- Released under Ruby's license, which is compatible with the GNU GPL via an explicit dual-licensing clause.
- You can basically do everything you want with XMPP4R. It fully supports XMPP, and also a wide range of extensions (XEPs). Also, it's very easy to extend.
- Haven't been updated in a while
$ gem install xmpp4r
Write the following code in your project Gemfile
Authors and Contributors
You can find the list of contributors here
Want to contribute to the code?
You are awesome, its people like you who makes Open Source products valuable.
The steps to follow are
- Fork the project
- Create your feature branch
- Commit your changes
- Push to the branch
- Create a pull request
You can find a list of known issues or porpose a new feature here